Skip to Content
If you are considering Holy Baptism please contact
The Vicar, The Reverend Michael Witcombe.
You will then be sent a form which should be completed and returned to the Vicarage as soon as possible.
Listed below are a few things you may wish to know or consider in advance
- . Holy Baptism is administered on a Sunday at 12. noon or during the 10.30am Service. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, according to numbers. Dates are not reserved until the application form is returned.
- . When choosing Godparents you should choose at least one woman and one man. Please note that Godparents must be baptised Christians themselves. If they are not the possibility of adult baptism should be discussed with the Vicar.
- . The service requires Godparents to re-affirm their own baptismal promises, to affirm their allegiance to the Christian faith and make three promises on behalf of the child. A copy of the Baptism service will be provided in advance for parents and Godparents to familiarise themselves with. If Godparents have any problems with the service they should not act as Godparents.
- . Near the date of Baptism you will be invited to the church for coffee and an informal meeting. This will give you the opportunity to have an explanation of the service and a look around the church.
- . There are no fees for the service of Holy Baptism but a collection is taken during the service towards the work and upkeep of the church.