In line with Church in Wales guidelines, weddings baptisms and funerals in church between now and 31st July 2020 are to be cancelled.
Please contact the Parish Office on 029 2063 0577 for further information.
1. Dates. Holy Baptism is administered on a Sunday at 12. noon or during the 10.30am Service. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, according to numbers. Dates are not reserved until the application form is returned.
2. Godparents. When choosing Godparents you should choose at least one woman and one man. Please note that Godparents must be baptised Christians themselves. If they are not the possibility of adult baptism should be discussed with the Vicar.
3. Promises. The service requires Godparents to re-affirm their own baptismal promises, to affirm their allegiance to the Christian faith and make three promises on behalf of the child. A copy of the Baptism service will be provided in advance for parents and Godparents to familiarise themselves with. If Godparents have any problems with the service they should not act as Godparents.
4. Informal meeting. Near the date of Baptism you will be invited to the church for coffee and an informal meeting. This will give you the opportunity to have an explanation of the service and a look around the church.
5. Fees. There are no fees for the service of Holy Baptism but a collection is taken during the service towards the work and upkeep of the church.